POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Okay, perhaps Captain America they're not... : Re: Okay, perhaps Captain America they're not... Server Time
18 Jul 2024 16:19:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Okay, perhaps Captain America they're not...
From: John VanSickle
Date: 16 May 2004 12:35:00
Message: <40A79831.F2E8F86F@hotmail.com>
Greg M. Johnson wrote:

>                            Name: alldance07m05.mpg
>    alldance07m05.mpg       Type: Wmplayer File (video/x-mpeg2a)
>                        Encoding: x-uuencode

One thing I notice is that the men have identical bodies.  Unless
they're clones--and you need to sell them as clones when you use them--
the effect is unnatural.

If you can wing it, having some way to make them slightly taller/shorter
or slimmer/fatter will offset the feeling of sameness to a great deal.

If you can have differing proportions for different parts of the body--
one guy with a big chest, and another with more even propotions--
will do even more to make things look natural.

The last and hardest is making the faces different.  Texturing will
only take you so far, so a way to change facial features will help here
as well.

Regards,
John